- How do you use the word underwent in a sentence?
- How do you use undergone?
- What is the past tense of undergo?
- What is the meaning of has VS had?
- What is the past tense of have?
- What is another word for underwent?
- What does underwent surgery mean?
- Has undergone or underwent?
- What does undergo mean in reading?
- How do you use have had in one sentence?
- What does underwent mean?
- Is underwent correct?
How do you use the word underwent in a sentence?
Underwent sentence example.
During the Persian and Greek periods the doctrine of angels underwent a great development, partly, at any rate, under foreign influences..
How do you use undergone?
Undergone sentence exampleThe palace has undergone alterations and additions, e.g. … Added to it was the pleasure of seeing Cynthia, after all she’d undergone , so utterly enjoying the day.More items…
What is the past tense of undergo?
From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Englishun‧der‧go /ˌʌndəˈɡəʊ $ ˌʌndərˈɡoʊ/ ●●○ AWL verb (past tense underwent /-ˈwent/, past participle undergone /-ˈɡɒn $ -ˈɡɒːn/) [transitive] if you undergo a change, an unpleasant experience etc, it happens to you or is done to you The country has undergone massive changes …
What is the meaning of has VS had?
1. ‘Has’ is the third person singular present tense of ‘have’ while ‘had’ is the third person singular past tense and past participle of ‘have. ‘ … Both are transitive verbs, but ‘has’ is used in sentences that talk about the present while ‘had’ is used in sentences that talk about the past.
What is the past tense of have?
The verb have has the forms: have, has, having, had. The base form of the verb is have. The present participle is having. The past tense and past participle form is had.
What is another word for underwent?
Underwent Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus….What is another word for underwent?tookenduredencounteredexperiencedshoulderedswallowedput up withstomachedsupportedsustained235 more rows
What does underwent surgery mean?
to experience something, especially something that is unpleasant but necessary. undergo surgery/treatment/an operation etc: She underwent emergency surgery for suspected appendicitis. Synonyms and related words.
Has undergone or underwent?
infinitive: to undergo She is to undergo lip surgery. … third-person singular: undergoes She undergoes lip surgery every year. past simple: underwent She underwent lip surgery yesterday. past participle: undergone She has undergone lip surgery two times in her life.
What does undergo mean in reading?
endure until something is completeUndergo means “endure until something is complete.” You might undergo testing to check your hearing or undergo special training if you want to volunteer at a homeless shelter.
How do you use have had in one sentence?
We use have had in the present perfect when the main verb is also “have”:I’m not feeling well. I have had a headache all day.She has had three children in the past five years.We have had some problems with our computer systems recently.He has had two surgeries on his back.
What does underwent mean?
transitive verb. 1 : to submit to : endure. 2 : to go through : experience undergo a transformation. 3 obsolete : undertake. 4 obsolete : to partake of.
Is underwent correct?
Underwent is the past tense of undergo. Drag the correct answer into the box. He was a little boy.